We have a strong and dedicated team. However, as some volunteers move out of the area and others retire from Good Neighbours, we are always looking for people to take their place.
Whatever your age or experience, we have a role for you as a driver, a coordinator, a member of a Mayfair Meals delivery team, or as a helper at the Ley Gardens Lunch Club.
We respect the availability of our volunteers and work on the principle that, as volunteers, they decide how much time they are able and willing to give.
- One hour to half a day
- Transporting clients for medically-related appointments
- An opportunity to have a face-to-face meeting with local people who are genuinely grateful for the help we give
- Fuel costs reimbursed
- Find out more about driving for Good Neighbours here
- Working from home
- One day a month
- Taking telephone calls from 09.00 to 16.00
- Finding a driver from a given list to meet the client’s request
- Find out more about coordinating for Good Neighbours here
- Two hours once a month
- As one of a two-person delivery team
- Delivering Meals at lunchtime to clients in the local area
- Find out more about Mayfair Meals here
Ley Gardens Lunch Club
- As a volunteer coordinator
- As a helper in the dining room
- Three hours (11.00-14.00) on a Thursday
- You choose how many Thursdays in a month you can volunteer your services
- Find out more about Lunch Clubs here
As you would expect from a responsible charity, all our volunteers are required to adhere to certain sensible requirements to ensure their own safety and that of our clients. These mainly concern safeguarding and health and safety. Drivers and meal delivery teams are also required to have DBS checks; these will be carried out for you by Good Neighbours.